Thursday 19 April 2012

THE TREE AND THE SAW.


I am the tallest tree in this dark forest.
I have made it and am almost touching the sky.
I am happy with my fate by thinking of dying in peace.
I have short time left before I give up.

But I can see a saw heated on fire coming.
To take me off my roots.
To stop my existence.
To hinder my fruitful old age.

Why won’t it allow me to die in peace?
Why won’t it let me attain the climax?
Why does it want to end my life painfully?
Why should I die before my time?

It was the raven birth that betrayed me.
I gave him shelter against the hot sun.
I protected it against the rain.
I gave it a place to rest at night.

But the bird told the saw that I am too tall to exist.
That I give shelter to some species of bird.
And hence I don’t deserve to live.
But why such betrayal?

The saw has cut one of my branches.
It is coming again this time to my steam.
And a tractor is digging out my root.
So that my long effort of heroism is fruitless.

But is the raven bird not a fool?
When i die where will it get shelter?
Or can only he survive by himself?
But the same saw that is stopping my existence
Will one day slice the raven bird to pieces.

 By

Bijimi Daniel Meindous.


No comments:

Post a Comment